Old September 6th 03, 10:45 AM
captain!

"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message
om...
"captain!" wrote in message

"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message
om...
http://www1.iraqwar.ru/iraq-read_art...=18346&lang=en

Moscow is also taking steps to repair any damage done by Iraq to its
US relations ahead of this month's Camp David summit between US
President George W. Bush and Putin. Putin had said earlier that Moscow
saw nothing negative in an international force in Iraq under US
command.

russian forces under US command?

Why not? Russian forces were under operative US command in Bosnia and

Kosovo.
It does not matter in fact. Everybody understand that those forces if
needed will be out of US command in a one second.

you must hate the very thought eh michael?

Not at all. I do not base my opnions on hate etc. Although I remember
about true interests of my country. I lived for three years near
US 4-th corp HQ in Germany and knew some of its officers. generally
good guys. In my personal view US military is best part of US society.
It is absolutely no problem to be under their command, providing
of course it does goes well with our own interests, which is
a very different question.

And Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov hinted for the first time Thursday
that Russia may send peacekeepers to Iraq in response to Washington's
pleas for additional international help. But the Russian foreign
minister on Friday appeared to quash such suggestions by saying that
Russia's participation was "not realistically being examined."

he likes to keep everyone guessing.

His job is to use words carefully.

And he unleashed unexpected criticism of Washington's handling of the
daily violence raging in occupied Iraq. "I'm surprised that several of
Washington's representatives say that in Iraq the situation is getting
better and better -- but day by day the situation gets worse and worse
and requires the help of the international community," the foreign
minister said.

why is he surprised?

Because it is obvious lie I guess.

it is similar to what the russian govt. did for years
in chechnya.

it is not true. 90% of chechens voted to be normal part of russia
in a recent referendum. Although difficult there is a political
solution for chechenya as a part of russia. What we see now is
final stages of war actions in that area. Can you say the same for
US in Iraq? Money does not solve all problems, Captain. Never did.

Michael

i was not refering to the present time. what about when the war was still
young?the russian govt. routinely tried to make the situation seem better
than it was, just like the americans are now, and just like every country
does.