Old September 7th 03, 12:09 AM
captain!

"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message
om...
"captain!" wrote in message

a...
"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message

it is not true. 90% of chechens voted to be normal part of russia
in a recent referendum. Although difficult there is a political
solution for chechenya as a part of russia. What we see now is
final stages of war actions in that area. Can you say the same for
US in Iraq? Money does not solve all problems, Captain. Never did.

Michael

i was not refering to the present time. what about when the war was

still
young?the russian govt. routinely tried to make the situation seem

better
than it was, just like the americans are now, and just like every

country
does.

Oh in that sense... Well not only russians and americans.

the iraqis did it too. it was also funny to see the iraqi defense minister
claiming that the americans were nowhere near bagdad while bombs were
falling in the background.

human nature I guess... I just finished reading very fresh book
on battle of Kursk with first published german and soviet
official military reports before, during and after
that final german disaster in east front. Very funny reading.
Imagine soviet reports were much much more closer to the reality.
while according to german reports all these disasters after
disaters were just fine well planed operations with excellent
output. The book includes also Soviet and German newspaper
papers published in that time on that matters. German
materials were just nothing more than **** propaganda. Although
soviet press publications also included highly overestimated
numbers for German losses but generally the picture of
the events was pretty close to real one as we know it now.
So it seems there are problems with Stalin standard legend of
****ty propaganda.

are you saying that there was ****ty propaganda about stalin or that stalin
had problems with (writing) ****ty propaganda?

Michael