Old February 9th 12, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default New Butterfly Vario

On 2/8/2012 5:36 PM, Sean Fidler wrote:
With respect...

So you're arguing that no one has yet died and therefore are
suggesting that "we need to have an incident first" before the rule
setters will consider changing this (outdated and ridiculous) rule?
OK. I'll just shut up and wait for that to happen. No accident has
occurred that can be directly correlated to disorientation in IMC in
a glider? I doubt that (many incidents have happened over the last 20
years, just nothing fatal yet assuming your facts are correct). And
if you are correct I promise you that one will happen at some point.
Its just a matter of time before it does. And this thing could
prevent that from happening.

Do you fly in contests?

email me)