Old April 23rd 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default Flying Mag Clueless about LPV and NACO

B A R R Y wrote:
Sam Spade wrote:

Anyone else pick up the bit in the May issue where the editor and
Richard Collins slam NACO's charting of LPV IAPs, yet those guys are
clueless about the NACO designation of the P-FAF with their
traditional lightening bolt?

I did.

However, it didn't make all that much sense to me, as most all of my
experience is with NACO plates, and they make sense to me. Lacking the
experience and reference point with Jepp plates, I simply turned the page.

Their bone was with NACO LPV charts because they don't understand NACO's
way of portraying the P-FAF with a lightening bolt. Apparently you
do. Also, apparently a lot of their readers don't.