Old March 25th 04, 11:05 AM
Sigvaldi Eggertsson

Orval Fairbairn wrote in message .. .
In article ,
(John Pelchat) wrote:

SNIP: Bob Webster wrote in message
om...
Good points -- I'll gather some info on the Faroes and see about some
shorter hops. I also fly an Aircam, and I think it would be great to fly
to Iceland and Greenland (but not necessarily in that order).

WOW! I knew that an Air Cam had long legs but good grief, fly one
across the big pond? Just a back of the envelope reply: How long
would that take? How much range and endurance does an Air Cam have?
I know they have been flown across the Gulf of Mexico from Florida to
Cancun.

What an adventure that would be.

Blue skies

John Pelchat

P.S. your original post - it is a very interesting site and I
enjoyed reading what you had to say.

I have a friend who flew a T-Craft L-2 from California to israel. He
actually landed on the Greenland glacier when it climbed faster than he
did -- turned around, took off and flew around the tip of Greenland.

His L-2 is probably the best-equipped L-2 in the world!

Cessna 150´s cross the Atlantic on a routine basis. We even had a
Boeing Stearman here a few years back (via Goose bay, Narsarsuaq and
Reykjavík, then on to Höfn, Torshavn and over to Scotland)