Old May 6th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Nevada governor to bill Fossett widow for search expenses

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

On Sat, 3 May 2008 00:25:29 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote in
m:

george writes:

I'd like to know that if I ever went down the Search and Rescue
would come looking for me without regard for the beancounters

So you think that no cap should be placed on the amount of money
spent to search for you? And you believe that taxpayers in general
should pay the infinitely high bill?

Depends, for me? of course. for you? not a chewing gum wrapper.

Bertie

Australia once spent $4million dollars rescuing a lone sailor in an
upturned boat off antarctica. We didnt bill him.
...of course that was when we had a decent government not the clueless
****** labor beancounters we have now.

I remember that guy. Thing is, though I would like them to come for me,
how many deaths could they have prevented for that much money?
If oyu had 4,000,000 in your hand and you could save either one nutter
in a dinghy or save 1,000 from starvation...?

Bertie

Bertie