Old September 1st 08, 08:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JRW

Default Ren Yenc

Sj wrote:
On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:50:59 GMT, "michael hoare"
wrote:

I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the point of
encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without downloading some
other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose does it
serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really dont see
the point of it all
Mick H

I just posted the following in another ng where
the same conversation is taking place ...

-------------

When I started running into yEnc & found that my
old version of Agent didn't handle it, I upgraded,
as I knew I was missing a lot ... found it valuable
for warez, mp3's, & DVD's ...

Don't d/l that stuff anymore, except for the very
occasional sampling of a song but know yEnc isn't
going to go away, so decided I was only depriving
myself if I chose to ignore it ... if you follow a.b.amp,
you have to deal w/ it ... don't think it makes that
much difference in the posting of jpg's the way
I do & don't want the hassle of those who
don't/won't/can't deal w/ it, so don't post that way ...

I just wish people would yell at MS, rather than the
posters

The same happened years ago when I used Free
Agent & couldn't see anything posted in MIME ... I
upgraded to Agent & then could see both Uuencode
& mime ...

Found a mess of cgm files posted recently ... had to
go Google to see what I could use to open them ...

Found I had a nice old version of PSP already
installed which handles them nicely ...

Same when mp3's started showing up ... & all
the other formats which show for the first time ...

Don't have Word or Power Point installed but did
find viewers for the occasional files I see in those
formats ...

If people decide NOT to get a program to help
visualize or hear what's being posted, that's their
prerogative ...

But please don't yell at the posters ...

That might stifle progress

Sj

SJ,

Outlook and Thunderbird would have incorporated it if they felt it was
necessary for the most users.
However, look at how few folks use newsgroups. That's the
key....profitable to incorporate...no

I downloaded XNEWS. I use it mainly in other groups where the posters
don't feel so high and mighty. It works fine.
But in this group many folks have requested no floods and please post in
jpg. DUH!!!!

But they will continue to do their thing...good luck to them, they'll
have the "few"die hards, that are clueless to others around them..
Selfish gits!!!

Would I use it here on the flooders...absolutely not.