Old October 13th 03, 12:37 AM
Del Rawlins

On 11 Oct 2003 10:25 PM, Ron Wanttaja posted the following:

snippage
Delaware, which, as you
mentioned, is a hotbed of dummy corporations for registering airplanes,
actually comes out at the very bottom (2.3%). Second from the bottom
is Alaska (2.7%).

It's interesting that the two states to come out the highest in per-
capita homebuilt ownership are the lowest when it comes to the ratio
of homebuilts vs. total registered aircraft.

I can't say what the deal is with Delaware, but Alaska has the largest
number of pilots per capita, so it would stand to reason that we would
also have the highest number of homebuilts per capita. On the other
hand, the vast majority of airplanes up here work for a living and thus
need to have a standard airworthiness certificate. So while there are
apparently plenty of homebuilts, they are overshadowed by the number of
certified planes.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/