Old March 21st 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Bill Kambic[_2_]

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 13:10:35 -0700 (PDT), Jack Linthicum
wrote:

Tell me again about how they were going to build these devices, get
them into position, move them accross the water, and then support the
troops they had in them? *All without opposition?

I think we are missing the point. There never was going to be a German
invasion if they did not continue on from Dunkirk right across the
channel and land as many men as they could get across. A sort of
reverse of Dynamo, although that doesn't sound too good either. It
probably wouldn't have been a success but it might have stirred the
British Parliament into some sort of truce or armistice.

Agreed on the "it's not going to happen."

I serious disagree on a Parliament genetated peace as they would have
seen the failure as clearly as everyone esle.