Old October 23rd 04, 05:34 AM
Peter Duniho

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
. 5...
Many pilots I know seem to think that this new TSA rule is just the
beginning of things to come.

Beginning? Seems to me it's the middle of things to come.

[...] What do you think? Is GA on a inevitable decline,
or will it turn around and start to take an even important role in our
lives?

I hope your optimist is right. I personally don't believe it. History has
few (if any) examples of rules and restrictions being relaxed. Government
always exerts greater and greater power over the people, and it's nearly
impossible to get it to relinquish its grip.

The only thing I'm not really all that sure of is whether I'll live long
enough to see the inevitable revolution. It might not happen that soon,
probably as much as 300-500 years in the future. But I think it's
definitely going to happen some day. It always does.

Pete