Old March 29th 18, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default FAA written exam for gliders

I'm about to start flying lessons, and have read through the FAA-published text on glider flying. I have been advised to get the written exam out of the way before lessons, so I can focus on the flying aspect. I have been going through practice questions online, but there are many questions that I don't see addressed in the current FAA published text--questions on airspace classifications, certain aspects of cartography, and some weather stuff. I find I can't find the answers to the questions by looking it up in this text. Has the curriculum changed? Is there a good (free) online source for questions from the current curriculum? Thanks.