Old March 29th 18, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default FAA written exam for gliders

On Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 6:30:19 PM UTC-7, John Foster wrote:
I'm about to start flying lessons, and have read through the FAA-published text on glider flying. I have been advised to get the written exam out of the way before lessons, so I can focus on the flying aspect. I have been going through practice questions online, but there are many questions that I don't see addressed in the current FAA published text--questions on airspace classifications, certain aspects of cartography, and some weather stuff. I find I can't find the answers to the questions by looking it up in this text. Has the curriculum changed? Is there a good (free) online source for questions from the current curriculum? Thanks.

Your flight instructor should be guiding you here. The stuff you study is for more than the written test, and you likely want alignment with what the instructor usually uses. Many places will be using Russel Holtz's books: http://www.gliderbooks.com/glider-pi...knowledge.html. My personal favorites, but again you should be talking to your instructor.