Old November 30th 18, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Dead ZAON PCAS MRX

What Matt said.

I was very happy with my Zaon PCAS for several years until a good deal
on a PowerFlarm portable popped up.Â* I tried it on the ground and was
impressed with the extra stuff that it provided, especially ADS-B
targets.Â* I fly in an area of relatively few gliders and my home field
is directly under an arrival route.Â* I see way more ADS-B targets than
Flarm targets.Â* A big advantage to the Flarm over the PCAS is that for
ADS-B targets, I get bearing, distance, vertical separation and rate of
change.Â* That's a big plus over PCAS which, as you know, only gives you
range and altitude differential. Finally, the world is transitioning to
ADS-B (by mandate) and, though gliders are currently not required to
equip with transponders or ADS-B, that may come as well.

On 11/30/2018 8:36 AM, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 5:34:25 AM UTC-8, Evan Dosik wrote:
My PCAS MRX went TU a few weeks ago. Since ZAON has been out of business since mid 2013, does anyone have a resource for getting it repaired?

Thanks,
Evan,
LS1-f

Perfect time to replace it with a PowerFlarm installation. You get all hour PCAS functionality + PF + we get to see you...

--
Dan, 5J