Old October 25th 05, 12:35 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default Damaged aircraft - should I pay?

Morgans wrote:
Let's see I have 4 or 5 days notice. I have to spend most of one day
standing in line getting enough plywood to cover the house to try to protect
that major investment..that by the way the entire family benefits from.

I don't buy it. You would only have to move the plane 60 miles or so.
There is time in there to move "that" major investment, also.

I flew the night Hurricane Hugo showed up *towards* the storm (for my job) and
tied the aircraft to the best of my ability out on the flightline. Gust locks,
etc... everything I could do to make it secure. When I was finally able to get
back to the airport three days later my airplane was fine. It was the ones in
the hangars that took the hit.... fallen trees caused the roof to collapse,
squashing the planes within.

Sometimes it's just a matter of luck. And frankly, nobody expected Hugo to
amount to much more than a windy night since we were a good 150 NM from the
coast.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE