Old February 9th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.student
WingFlaps

Default Why airplanes fly

On Feb 8, 12:20*pm, Dudley Henriques wrote:

Interesting story and I can well believe he could have broken the
barrier as described. I also heard that the X1 was in fact designed by
the British and given to the Americans, along with data, due to the
expense of the British supersonic program and problems with repaying
war debt. Do you know anything about that -I once saw a old picture of
an "X1" in the UK but can't find it now.

Cheers