Old March 24th 09, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
qflyer1

Default Zaon MRX causing radio interference

On Mar 24, 2:58*am, wrote:
With my new Zaon MRX PCAS mounted on top of my glare shield, I've been

I have the same problem. I also had the problem with the previous
model. I did the ferrite bead and it didn't do the job.
I finally sent it in and they replaced the power mosfet and that did
the trick.
I'm about to send this one in for a firmware upgrade and to deal with
this issue. Hopefully the same way.

Cheers,
Tim
1FL

experiencing some radio interference and linked this to the MRX: the
radio gives white-noise static -- like the squelch is not properly
adusted. When I turn the MRX off it goes away.

I've heard putting a "ferrite core" around the MRX's (and the
radio's?) power cord might help. *(Here's one:http://cgi.ebay.ca/Noise-Filter-Clip...QQitemZ3501565...
).

Does anybody else have this problem? *Have you solved it in some way?

Thanks,

Eric
DG-300