Old July 1st 11, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Competitor to SPOT?

Hi,

I imagine that ADS-B will eventually also make it possible to have real-time
data back at the home airport. I look forward to that day! But, until
then, this new product does look interesting.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"SoaringMaps Team" wrote in message
On Jun 28, 6:00 am, Ron Gleason wrote:
http://blog.delorme.com/2011/06/03/d...way-satellite-...

Looks like starting in the 2012 year we will see a competitor to SPOT
product and service. Read some of the comments in the blog and some
features a

- user selectable data send interval
- custom messages in the text
- altitude reporting

Will be interesting to watch this unfold

The 2 min tracking interval looks much better for use in contests -
with the right software you could actually show the field on course
with current projected scores for each glider - all in real time. It
might turn soaring into a spectator sport (sort of).

9B