Old November 10th 14, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASW20 or LS6

I'm not suggesting the L6 is in any way inferior to the ASW20, just that
it is not superior, and definitely not in the ASW 27 class.

Here in New Zealand lS6's still win the nationals year after year. Our air is turbulent in general and therms broken and the 6 has a distinct advantage over 20's AND 27's in the climb.

Having flown both for many hours, in stressful mountain environments a clear winner by a margin. The 6.

Recently did a 100k glide with ventus c 18m wing to wing at 75-85 and not a foot in it.

The LS6 is still a weapon in the right hands and I was told by a well known NASA jet test pilot of gliding repute that it and the 8 - are the best handling aircraft her has ever flown - period.