Old May 14th 05, 12:09 AM
Richard Isakson

"Sport Pilot" wrote ...
Got cut off some how.

Actually I thought I had decided not to send it, and came back and some
how hit the enter key.

A long time ago I was working for small airline and I was asked to evaluate
any letters from the pilots that were sent to flight ops. I was acting as
filter for the Director of Flight Ops. Now, as a class, pilots aren't too
bright and none of them can spell but when I hit the fourth misspellled word
I'd throw the thing in the trash can. "This guy can't know what he's
talking about." It was done at a subconscious level. It takes me a while
to figure things out but I shared their contempt for spelling in my own
writing. It finally dawned on me that if I look down at bad speellers then
other people must look down my work. It's human nature and you can"t fight
it. If you want your work to be accepted then you have to project an image
of intellect.

Rich