Old March 8th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Shirl

Default Pilot Suicides

"Jay Beckman" wrote:
Mine always checked the oil, sticked the tanks (and double checked the fuel
caps..) and generally did a basic walk around *after* I'd preflighted. He
was certainly making sure I wasn't going to kill us both but under the guise
of education, he'd always "hey c'mere" me and we'd discuss pitch (while he
checked the elevator), roll (while he checked the ailerons), etc... He
didn't check every nut and bolt like I did (and still do) but he had a right
to protect his butt...

I'm not sure if they were doing it then, Jay, but when I worked there,
the CFIs almost always added .2 or .3 (around 20 minutes) to the
instructor's time to cover the few minutes of "dual" preflighting and
post-flight debrief -- charged as "Ground". (My preflight still includes
every nut and bolt, too!)