Old March 8th 07, 05:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Pilot Suicides

On Mar 7, 7:27 pm, "Crash Lander" wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in oglegroups.com...

If a student is going for a flight, with the instructor, and the student is
expected to pre-flight the a/c before the instructor gets there, whjat
happens if there is an incident, and it turns out to be due to something
that should have been picked up in the pre-flight? Surely, any instructor
that values his life, would at least do a brief pre-flight himself,
regardless of whether the student has already done one or not? if the a/c
crashes, it's the instructor who is responsible, because the instructor is
PIC when flying dual with a student.

If I've been teaching in the plane all day I can preflight it again
for the next trip out in about 5 minutes. I don't want to force the
student to do the same. I'm not aware of any school that makes the CFI
stand around and watch every preflight (usually just the pre-solo and
pre-checkride preflights). I'm sure the result would be students
feeling very pressured to go quick, not something that is good.