View Single Post
Old August 16th 17, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default The Cobra "Ramp Grind" - a fix

On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 1:50:49 PM UTC-7, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

I get a smile every time I pull the ramp out. Having a difficult day today, thinking of driving out to glider port just to hear the silence as I slide the ramp out!

Thank you!

In the spirit of seldom leaving well enough alone, or fix it 'till it's broke, I've come out with SRS ver 2. All new SRS shipped are version 2.

The factory leaves the ramp slider bolts loose so the ramp jack end can hinge up and down. The original SRS was installed in similar fashion. Ver 2 adds a urethane or silicone rubber spacer "spring" - a 1/4" long 1/4" ID rubber tube, under the bolt head to take out the slop and prevent assembly from rattling down the road. Choices:

You can use your SRS as is, it'll rattle but who cares?

You can provide and add a 1/4" (6mm) ID length of rubber fuel hose as the spacer.

You can order the V2 spacers from me at no cost.

Install takes a few minutes, no need to remove ramp. It is important to follow new SRS bolt install and adjustment procedure in new instructions (see link below). SRS bolts are unscrewed with ramp in place, spacers added and bolts reinstalled.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/beyd1sh78w...t%5E.docx?dl=0

To get your free upgrade kit, send an email to: (my nickname as below, followed by the letter "m", so 7 letters) at frontier dot com

Subject line for email, "SRS V2".

If you are in another country and know of other SRS owners, please consider combining shipment (state number of kits requested in email).

Note there may be a delay in shipping and email acknowledgement - I'm going to go see the solar eclipse.

bumper