Old April 24th 19, 06:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Echo

Default Taurus glider for sale

Sure. Ok. The manufacturer tried to buy it from the insurance company, but failed to come up with the money. Therefore, it went to the next bidder. It was only THEN that they decided to deem it unairworthy. Also of note is who the OP works for. The circumstances of the fire itself are also pretty interesting, considering what was conveniently removed beforehand, but I'll choose not to speculate on things I don't know to be factual.

I've flown the airplane in question. I've also witnessed it being tested to G loading spec, and seen in during refurbishment. I have zero issue with its structural integrity. If ANY of you have a mechanical engineering background and know more then the typical know-it-all soaring pilot, with firsthand knowledge of the airframe, I'm all ears.