Old May 6th 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default CFI Student Questions

I'd have to check... but I think you can find an outline of an "approved"
FAA lesson plan in the text on the Fundamentals of Instruction

I'll second the Knauff and Wander books
BT

"Slick" wrote in message
I've started my work on My CFI and commercial after deciding soaring is a
crucial part of my life. Now that I've started my pursuit, I've gotten
stuck
in all of this CFI work. Is there an example of Glider Lesson Plans
somewhere? Also, is the soaring guide by the FAA an important part to
being
able to attain my CFI? I've been reading through the 1999 PTS guide and
they
refer to the Jeppesenn Soaring Flight Manual that appears to be no longer
in
production, is this a problem?

Mainly I'm looking for Lesson Plan examples. I was told to go through the
PTS and create lesson plans for each objective, but without having an
example I'm not quite sure how to attack this project. Thanks for all of
your help.

-Slick-

News==----
Newsgroups