Old December 1st 03, 06:50 PM
Peter Duniho

"Snowbird" wrote in message
m...
Your milage may vary. You may disapprove of me and these posts
instead. I have no problem with that.

I'm not sure I understand your vehemence. My point was simply that you have
no way of knowing who the person is or is not, and that's true for every
single person that posts here. Even if you had found the person's name in
the FAA database and they appeared to hold the appropriate ratings, that
would mean nothing. The person posting could have simply borrowed someone
else's identity.

For example, how do you know for sure that my real name is "Peter Duniho"?
And even if it's not, why would you care? The answer to both questions is
"you don't".

If anything, Richard Kaplan's experience (whatever it was) is a cautionary
tale. A person should not take statements from anonymous people at face
value, especially on Usenet where it is *known* to be a sizable group of
people who do nothing but try to gum up the works with a variety of tactics,
including fraud.

As far as the posts made under the name of "Lynne Miller" go, I've never
paid much attention to them. They've been inconsistent and uninformative,
and that alone is reason enough to ignore her. I'm not defending her, I'm
just pointing out that a) your research has proved nothing regarding her
actual identify, positive or negative and b) it doesn't really matter who
she is, since the "proof is in the pudding", so to speak. Her posts provide
sufficient reason to blow her off...we don't need an FAA database to do
that.

I guess if there's a point at all to what I'm saying here is that if one is
going to participate in the Usenet environment, one needs to bring a healthy
sense of skepticism. I don't see why you're singling out Lynne Miller's
posts; there's been any number of other posts here that are similarly
content-free. What got stuck in your craw this time?

Pete