Old July 7th 10, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Default Standard Jantar 48-3 & One-Man Assembly

I am considering a one-man to assist in the assembly - I figure it
will work but since the wings are a bit bigger than other gliders I
assist with assembly,

Bigger? I have an SZD 59 (a bipolar Jantar 3 on steroids, same wing
planform though...) and the section of the wing that a one-man rigger
goes on is not larger than most std class ships. Heavier yes, but
chord and thickness are fairly average (not at the root- but that's
not where the rigger goes...) around the balance point.

I don't have a rigger although I would like to acquire one at some
point, but mostly cause my club is kinda below critical mass and my
trailer blows... If buying new I would go for one of Steve's
WingRiggers: http://www.wingrigger.com/

-Paul

ps. I have dome some crucial mods to my ship you may be interested in
(ventilation and brakes...)