Old July 7th 10, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert[_3_]

Default Standard Jantar 48-3 & One-Man Assembly

I have SZD-48-3 and use Cobra one-man rigger. I assemble the glider
every time I fly, and put it back in the box after landing.
The tool is fantastic. I could not get by without it. No helpers
needed when rigging and de-rigging, although I would recommend some
assistance at the beginning.
You need a decent stand to support the wing half already placed in the
fuselage. Depending on available fore-aft adjustment on your rigger,
you might have to pay a little extra attention to align the wings
correctly. Typically the balance point of the wing is couple of inches
outboard from the edge of the spoiler box on the lower wing surface.
Although Jantar wings are a little bit on the heavy side, you will not
tell the difference when properly balanced on the rigger.
At a leisurely pace it takes about 40 minutes to have the glider ready
to fly from the arrival to the airport. Takes less to disassemble.
Strongly recommend
Robert

On Jul 7, 6:33*am, John wrote:
I am considering a one-man to assist in the assembly - I figure it
will work but since the wings are a bit bigger than other gliders I
assist with assembly, I'm curious if other jantar-drivers use a one-
man and comments on how it works if they do.

Thanks in advance,
John