Old October 16th 05, 04:37 PM
Don Hammer

Default "Bounce" those bugs away...

I don't know how you guys can stand it down south, where you must deal
with this year 'round. The first frost can't be too far off, can it?

Don't know about the rest of the south, but I don't have 25% of the
bugs in Dallas we had in Ohio. The old saying is you need a hard
winter to get rid of the bugs. I'm not so sure.

e.g.

The north slope of Alaska - 2700 ft of permafrost. Temperatures for
most of the year that will freeze all exposed skin in less than 20
min. For a few weeks in the middle of the year it thaws out about the
top 6" of that. The "National Bird of Alaska" comes out. Mosquitoes
so bad they will kill an unprotected you in less than a day. BTW This
cold hell is what ANWR looks like, not Bambi in the forest.