Old July 14th 03, 03:12 AM
Thomas Schoene

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
om

The UCAV competitors won't be in service for years, the
stealthy UAV
mentioned in the link is in (very) limited service now.

They are not all that far off; last I heard the plan was to have an
IOC as early as 07.

Last I heard for UCAN-V (the naval vehicle) was 2015.

And what are the chances that thesurrent stealthy
UAV has a suitable weapons bay capable of handling a decent sized
weapon (this presumably is not a Hellfire class weapon)?

That's a reasonable question. But a bay designed for large reconaissance
sensors might be adapted without too many problems. Or conformal carriage
(especially for JSOW) might be possible.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)