Old September 13th 06, 08:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob C

Default Video of glider flying after sunset

OK, here's a video of flying aerobatics at night, below
1500' in a multi-engine turbine glider. No multi-engine
ticket, no type rating, position lights off, and wingtips
on fire...legally! Should have logged it on OLC just
to stir the pot a bit ;o)

low resolution:
http://www.silentwingsairshows.com/video/nightshow.wmv

At 06:24 13 September 2006, Bumper wrote:

'Doug Haluza' wrote in message
oups.com...

Obviously, night cross country
in gliders is very dangerous, due to the possibility
of an outlanding
in a dark field, so I hope we don't have to wait until
someone dies to
address this.

I've flown my previous glider, a Stemme S10-VT, in
wave at night. A most
beautiful and memorable flight. Fields? Dangerous?
I stayed within easy
gliding distance of airports with pilot controlled
lighting. The Stemme was
equipped with the required position and anit-collision
(strobe) lights.

bumper