Old January 24th 05, 02:11 PM
Bruce A. Frank

I once did the same thing with a pair of bolt cutters. It worked and the
go/no-go gauge said it was correct, but it created a slight half moon
shape on the sleeve. I also took a cheap bolt cutter and brazed parts of
one of the bolt together cheapo tools to the jaws...also worked correctly,
but it looked strange. When I bought the cheapo tool crimping tool from
Home Depot I finally had an acceptable tool...after some minor adjustment.
It is likely the Lowe's tool is exactly the same as the one from Home
Depot.

abripl wrote:

I made one out of a pair of chain cutters with a little bit of welding
and grinding
to get the correct opening size.

--
Bruce A. Frank, Editor "Ford 3.8/4.2L Engine and V-6 STOL
Homebuilt Aircraft Newsletter"