Old November 21st 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

Default Diamond Badges

Thanks for retrieving the photo. I believe a triangular
add-on could be made, having the stones stand just
outside and up against the badge -- or at the edge
and on top of the badge. They would be a bit more
prominent displayed in this fashion and it would obviate
having to drill the badge to put the stones on. Most
of all, I would like to see a specific location for
the specific leg; altitude could be at the top, but
only if it conformed to the original design from the
40s or 50s when the design came into being.

There is also the advantage that holders could update
the add-on to such a new design.

At 01:54 21 November 2006, Tim Taylor wrote:

wrote:
Nyal Williams wrote:

Do you have a picture of the diamond badges?

Jacek

Do an ebay search, mark completed only:

Item number:

300043467107

or topic:

DIAMOND SOARING PIN

Wish mine looked like that rather than the cheap one
I got last year
from SSA.

Tim