Old January 28th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Default commercial low-flight safety

gatt wrote:
"John" wrote in message

I would have offered an opinion but since you felt the need to make this a
political statement I won't bother.

Okay, thanks.

My question is, how low would -you- go for this sort of flight assuming
the birds aren't around and there aren't of Cheneys on the banks looking
for something in the air to shoot at?

Ah. Must be the Cheney joke. Sorry... I can't think of anybody else
recently whose inadvertently blasted a fellow bird hunter in the face, but
if you can think of one you're welcome to change the names around to suit
your political sensitivies.

Really, though, I'm sorry you thought a passing joke was a "political"
statement. I have neither endorsed nor condemned a party, candidate or VP,
so, whatever. Have a great week!

-c

If there are hunters down there they will shoot at you if you are flying
too low. Luckily they are hunting with steel shot so it probably won't
make it up to your alt.

Even if they don't shoot at you they can get your N# and many states
have laws against doing just about anything that could be construed as
harassing hunters.