Old September 16th 04, 03:48 PM
Jeff Meininger

In article ,
"Jim Burns" writes:

http://www.mooneypilots.com/m20E.html

maybe you've already seen this article.

[and from another reply...]

or this model chronology
http://www.mooneyevents.com/chrono.htm

Yeah, those MAPA "Flight Test Reports" and the chronology are
excellent resources for hard-to-find information. I came across
them before posting. It's actually those documents that prompted
my questions - for example, I wouldn't have known about the
different rudders if the M20E and M20F reports didn't have graphic
insets showing them.

In fact, I have one more question to add to my original list.

The M20F report has another graphic inset that states, "N353JT had
the 'twisted' wing seen on '67 F and G models. It did nothing for
the airplane's stall characteristics and was dropped in '68."

I can interpret this to mean two different things. I suppose it
doesn't really matter, as none of the reports indicate one model
having significantly different stall characteristics than another,
but I like to sweat the small stuff. For example, if I google
search for twisted-wing mooney, all I can find is a joke about
fueling them with a mason jar. I'm just left scratching my head
as to the differences between the wing styles.