Old March 7th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger[_4_]

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 03:43:19 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

Try this
http://tinurl.us/a8b68b

Facts don't matter, Denny. This "crisis" was never fact-based to begin
with, and no amount of evidence to the contrary is going to sway the true
believers...

In either direction.

Be it up or down, one year is not enough to make a yea or nay
statement.

Sunspot activity, or lack there of has long been known to create
drastic cold spells as with the so called "Maunder Minimum" and the
little ice age.

Temperature and precip vary widely from year to year and local to
local so taken by itself this past year is only a blip in a sea of
change. Give it another 10 years and then *maybe* we can say it
probably, might, could have meant something. :-))

Here (Midland MI) they are talking about the possibility of an all
time record snow fall total. 4 1/2 miles out of town where I live it's
been nothing special. The same is true in Minnesota. Some areas
already are reporting record snow falls while less than 10 miles away
(Minneapolis area) they have less than average. Here, so far our
temperatures are running close to average or a tad above on the 10
year scale.

Denny is about 10 to 15 miles from me and I'd bet his winter has been
different than mine, or Midland's. Driving over to the old family
farm (Breckenridge 30 mi SW of here) finds very little snow.
I don't know how the temps have been over there.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com