Old March 5th 13, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Cook[_2_]

Default VTOL version of the Sparrow Hawk?

yeah....you can make a computer animation do just about anything. That
thing should work well in model airplane scale...but scaling up electrics
has some issues. What kind of license do yo need..rotorcraft? airplane?
motorglider?

Plus they already invented and perfected something like this...it is called
a helicopter. I bet, a helicopter, you can buy cheaper and is easier to
fly, better range, can carry 2 or more people etc, etc...

What ever happened to that guy with the "flying car" that had like 8 piston
engines hooked up to ducted fan rotors?

Cookie

At 23:01 04 March 2013, Discus 44 wrote:
Based on the tilt rotor designs of the past I see many issues making this
idea work. 8 motors at what weight? Where are the batteries? I don't
think the is anything other than a pipe dream.

TU