Old July 21st 20, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default glass tube fuses

Yet the "European" fuses sold by McMaster are 10 x 38 mm. Sounds like
the OP would be well advised to actually measure what he has.

On 7/21/20 8:14 AM, okko kloosterman wrote:
European small glass tube fuses (mostly used in electronics) are
measured 5mmØ x 20mm or 6.3mmØ x 32mm , the first size being the most
common.
Okko (Netherlands)

Op 21-7-2020 om 14:49 schreef kinsell:
On 7/21/20 6:29 AM, Tango Eight wrote:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 8:27:32 AM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2020 at 8:22:46 AM UTC-4, Roy B. wrote:
Does anybody know the correct nomenclature for the small size glass
tube fuses that the manufacturers put in the panels of the newer
gliders? I need to orderÂ* a couple of 2A spare fuses and I am not
sure what they call that physical size.
ROY

There are a couple of different sizes in use, 3AG is most common.
The fast way to replace is at the local auto parts store.

See also https://www.mcmaster.com/fuses

best,
T8

Read that again... European manufacturer probably using Euro size,
not 3AG.Â* But in any case, McMaster Carr describes them all.

Mine are 5 mm diameter, 20 mm length, smaller than 3AG.