Old November 5th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

Default Any CAP pilots?

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

I find that most pilots who join CAP find that these missions are
difficult on work/family,
but for those that have more flexible schedules its very awesome!
Depending on the number of hours, etc you have now you should probably
expect to have about 10 hours in the plane before you are a qualified
S&R pilot. You first need to qualify to fly the plane and then go
through the training routines to become a mission pilot.

Thanks for the information! I'm going to call them, say "this is what I can
offer" and if it's what they need, so be it. I'm five minutes from the
mouth of the Columbia Gorge which is a lost hiker haven.

I've seen some become mission pilots in 2 months but most pilots do it over
the
course of 6-12 months.

That fits my timeframe. (My wife is currently finishing up her second
degree and then she'll be making good money. I'm "retiring" from the
telecom/data industry because it's about to crash all over again. We have a
baby, but my father lives five minutes away and he's retired, so that works
out.)

-c