Old November 6th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

Default Any CAP pilots?

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
I had a similar experience with our local chapter. I described my
experiences as an Air Force flight surgeon, and offered to help teach first
aid, etc.

Not one response. Makes one think they are a little clique that doesn't
want any outside participation.

Well, we'll see. I have an in through a coworker, but I sent the local
composite squadron commander an e-mail with a few questions and haven't
gotten a response either. Interesting comments, moreso coming from
different parts of the country.

The main reason I asked is because my only other experience with the CAP was
after Andrew in Baton Rouge when I was helping out at the FBO and they came
in. Taxiway incursions, pilots ignoring the kids flagging them into the
parking area and a bunch of old fatsters yelling at some -extremely- eager
and well-behaved kids all day long. Some of these kids looked like beaten
dogs; afraid of every adult around. One of the pilots was visibly offended
that the FBO employee (my girlfriend who was an LSU honors student) driving
the fuel truck was a woman. The FBO owner was as hot-headed as some of the
pilots so pretty soon they were toe-to-toe yelling at each other in front of
the kids on the tarmac. Really discouraging.

The local branches seem to be really squared away, though. I see them
coming through for fuel with the cadets and they seem very professional.

-c