Old March 11th 19, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default FLARM and ADS-B and PCAS Traffic Display on PC

Hi Matt,

Thanks. I just sent an email to Rex and Noelle.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

On Monday, March 11, 2019 at 5:19:53 PM UTC-5, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
On Monday, March 11, 2019 at 1:41:51 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

A customer has a PowerFLARM Core and wants to use it to display nearby FLARM, ADS-B and PCAS traffic on a PC - on the ground. It is easy to connect the PowerFLARM Core to the PC's serial port, but I'm not aware of any software to display the traffic on a map. Any suggestions? Are any soaring clubs doing this?

The customer is currently using an Oudie 2. It works fine, but he'd prefer a much larger and higher-resolution monitor.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Paul, I think Rex and Noelle at Williams Soaring Center just got something like this up and running to keep track of the fleet in the air in real time. Ask them.

Matt