Old November 28th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Default (USA) FAA airport database in Google Earth (KML) files

I've had a report from one user whose computer changed the file name
to use .xml extension instead of .kml. If you have trouble, check that
your pooter didn't do the same.

Also I've placed a copy of the NASR's schema file for the airport
database in the web site he

http://www.justsoar.com/public/nasr_...pec/apt_rf.txt

You can browse the schema file and if you see any fields in there you
want to see in the .kml data (e.g. added to the popup description),
let me know. (The descriptions currently contain airport owner and
manager contact info and comm frequencies, when provided.)

-ted/2NO