Old July 25th 17, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Lumilor

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 10:13:36 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

I wonder if this stuff https://www.lumilor.com/ is visible in the day
time... If so, it would make a great anti-collision paint.

Its difficult to know, but it may be quite dim in daylight. I get the
strong impression its for fancy after dark or indoor displays. Could be
amazing in a theatre or a rock venue.

Most of the colours, apart from orange, are blues and green. There 's no
red available and I didn't see any pics showing the orange stuff. It may
also be telling that most of the photos they show are at dusk and night
time. In the one or two bright daytime shots, of the A350-1000, I
couldn't tell whether the Lumilor was meant to be powered up or not. I
assumed these were to show that it looked OK when unpowered during the
day.

Annoyingly, the datasheets all boil down to application notes and safety
sheets: I was looking for electrical specifications, but apart from
recommending that it needs AC power at 80-200v and works best at 1000Hz,
presumably to reduce visible flicker, I couldn't find anything.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK