Old May 22nd 04, 05:12 AM
Leon McAtee

Mike Borgelt wrote in message . ..

Progress seems to be rapid amongst the jet engine manufacturers in the
last few months with one 22Kg thrust engine available and two 25 Kg
engines in development including one with a really neat 11 stage axial
flow compressor.
I'm convinced these micro turbines are a breakthrough, disruptive
technology for soaring.

Mike Borgelt

Is there a web site where one could get an update?

I also think that small jets have lots of potential for self-launch
use but rather than increase the efficency of the small turbines with
multi stage compressors (fuel use is rather unimportant IMHO)I'd like
to see one of the micro turbine manufactures develop a high bypass
version. What we need for glider use is higher mass flow at low
speeds.
Leon McAtee