Old May 3rd 19, 05:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Taurus glider for sale

Again, total misinformation and fantasy, never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

The owner of the aircraft was a Pipistrel dealer, a FedEx pilot and also a pilot of the Orbis flying I hospital. He did not offer the pins for sale after the aircraft was written off, he would not want the liability.

Please, you guys need to be a little bit more responsible about this with some of the statements because they are just not true, not even close to the truth.

Again, the manufacturer declared the aircraft condemned after reviewing photographs of the aircraft in the hangar immediately after the smoke cleared.
they got into their documentation and found the information about what temperature the canopy would melt at, this was well beyond what the composite companies/resin manufacturers would allow for the products that are used in this aircraft manufacture and probably any aircrafts manufacture using composite materials.

I would be negligent of both myself and the manufacturer in looking the other way and allowing this aircraft to be sold to some excited pilot only to have the wings fall off days, weeks, months or years later.

The aircraft was condemned for a reason, you need to think, would you allow your wife or grandchildren to fly in this aircraft knowing its history ? (Divorce cases excluded) as mentioned in another email, the FAA are investigating now and I have trust in the system that they will get to the bottom of this