Old February 13th 15, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Cobra Trailer: Top's lower front corners distorted

Hi All - Below is the draft I sent to Spindelberger;
nothing happened since; need to chase it...

Problem is two-fold:
- jack the top back to square
- keep it there

I received instructions starting "remove the top from the trailer"...
Right.

I designed & sketched the kludgery to fix in situ and Alfred
built the parts shown in this document. I thought they were
going to sell repair kits...

http://www.nadler.com/public/Cobra/C...rcement_01.pdf

There are MANY different Cobra tops and the angles and
dimensions of this jack-thing would be different for each.

An alternative scheme would be build an external jack
mechanism, straighten, then install the wee blocks as installed
in the same location on newer trailers. BE CAREFUL!

Hope this helps,
Best Regards, Dave

PS: BE CAREFUL!

PPS: This worked fine on my Antares trailer (20k+ miles
since without further issue).

PPPS: BE CAREFUL!!