Old July 18th 03, 05:09 AM
john smith

Ron Natalie wrote:
Margy and I
also had a nice chat with the Ohio State Police plane (they hang out on 122.75).
They patrol around looking for trouble (accidents, etc... ) on the highway, but
I suspect they'd tag a flagrant speeder given the chance. I think he said he
had the capability.

Our chapter had a flyout years ago, to one of the local $100 hamburger
sites. We were playing follow the leader down low. The last guy in line
happened to look back and there was an Ohio Highway Patrol plane
bringing up the rear. We all thought we were dead meat when the Smokie
followed us into the pattern, landed with us and followed us into the
restaurant. Fortunately, he walked past us without saying a word and sat
at the lunch counter. The only thing we could figure was he was bored
and was on his way to lunch anyway, so he joined in.