Old June 3rd 05, 11:45 PM
Dave

The plot thickens!

I mn finding the same. (note links posted above) from several sources.

This 14 knts had to come from SOMEWHERE...

TY!

Dave

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 15:21:52 -0700, "Bob Gardner"
wrote:

My Aircraft Bluebook Price Digest, under Specs, shows a PA28-151 Warrior
with a stall speed of 44 and a note saying "Prior 77 stall = 58" with no
further explanation. Lists both 76 and 77 with a 150 hp engine. Aviation
Consumer's Used Aircraft Guide shows that the 77 got a 10hp boost...owners
of the 150hp version complained of poor climb performance. Can't quite
figure out how ten more horses would affect power-off stall speed. To
further confuse the issue, Motorbooks International's Piper Buyer's Guide
says that Piper went to 160hp in 1975 and doesn't discuss stall speed at
all.

I was instructing full-time at a Piper operation during the time period when
the 140 turned into a 151 and can't recall anything about the Warrior that I
didn't like. Pretty bulletproof in my opinion.

There are mods available that affect stall speed, like aileron gap seals,
but their effect wouldn't show up in the pubs I have, which deal in
unmodified airframes.

Bob Gardner

"Dave" wrote in message
.. .
Hi All!

OK... Piper Warrior...PA28-151

Considering purchase...

It's is a 1976 Model..

Specs, (published) say stall, dirty ( Full Flaps ) for a 1976
built is 58 knts.

...1977 and later is 44 knts!

WHAT changes were made to bring the stall speed down by 14
knts!

I have looked at both, I cannot (untrained eye) see what is
different..

Owner of the '76 says 52 knts(w/flaps) , 58 knts "clean"
(????)

Tis a huge difference... is this correct? Why? Can the 76 be
modified to get the stall speed lower?

Can any one help here?

What is the story?

Thanks in advance!