Old January 19th 05, 08:05 PM
Jack Allison

All:

Thanks for the input. So far, with the few hours I have in an Archer,
I've found the transition pretty simple. There are things I like
better, things I don't like as much when comparing to a Cessna. Mostly,
just annoyance level stuff that I'll get over (especially once I join
the ranks of owner).

Things from misc. replies:
- Jay H - Definitely agree on the panel height of a C-182. I'm 6 feet
tall and when I've flown a newer C-182 with my brother, I felt short,
even with the seat all the way up. Way different than a C-172. I can
hardly imagine Mary being able to see much over the panel.

- Aaron C. - Nope, 1967 is the first year for the Arrow. Not something
I knew a couple weeks ago.

- Adam - Hmmm, I'll have to keep the gear stance thing in mind should I
ever be taxiing with snow on the ramp (not something I have to deal with
here in the CA central valley). Oh, and as for what I'd enjoy about the
Arrow...yep, speed is one thing. Others include that funny lever that
makes those cute little green lights go on and off, the cool looking
blue lever in the middle of the throttle quadrant, the cool factor of
the 3-blade prop conversion...ok, back to reality :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL, IA Student, Student Arrow Buyer

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci