Old May 13th 05, 05:43 AM
Andrew Sarangan

You can reasonably expect that the son learned his flying habits from the
dad. If the dad is calm collected and level headed, the son is likely to
be a safe pilot. If he is a risk taker, short tempered and aggressive, you
might want to think twice.

anon wrote in
news
Our 17 year old son want to fly as a passenger with his 17 year old
friend who is a brand new pilot. We think the boy is level-headed and
mature. He grew up flying with his dad who is a retired test pilot
for an aircraft manufacturer.

These credentials not withstanding, I'm guessing that there is
increased risk of accidents with new pilots. We are uncomfortable
about letting him fly with his friend, but we want to be reasonable.

I would appreciate any data or guidance this group could provide.

Thanks

Peter