Old August 22nd 12, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc - Butterfly Avionics

Default Connect iPhone to CAI302

thats true. We are currently undergoing a certification process at apple to unlock bluetooth capability in iGlide. Apple is very cooperative, however this will take until end of the year.

On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:42:47 PM UTC+2, Max Kellermann wrote:
jfitch wrote:

There are NMEA to Bluetooth bridges currently available in the USA, built for the boat market. Could not these be used?

AFAIK, Bluetooth is locked down on Apple products, and only available

to certain partners (not including Butterfly). Therefore, Butterfly

had to avoid Bluetooth and use WiFi instead. The problem is of

political nature, not technical.

These political problems are the reason why I decided not to port that

other software to the iPhone.